Well, as most of you know, Trevor and I are planning to cross the Pacific Ocean in a few months and have decided to join the official/unofficial “fleet”, Pacific Puddle Jump (aka PPJ).
We are currently in La Cruz, Mexico near Puerto Vallarta and have been busy getting Flo ready for our passage:
- Ordering parts/pieces,
- replacing lines and rigging,
- dentist visits,
- attending seminars,
- meeting other boats in the fleet,
- interviewing potential crew members,
- filing taxes (hopefully),
- renewing all important insurances and services we need,
- double checking our satellite capabilities,
- researching all the South Pacific countries for customs and immigration fees and restrictions,
- charts and Google Earth images downloaded,
- adding hydro-generator
- adding solar panels
- upgrading all repair kits
- upgrading our medical supplies on board
- inventory of all spare parts
- applying for visas
- Lots of upholstery jobs: dinghy chaps, fuel tank covers, cushions re-stitched, sail covers re-stitched,
- Back up sails cut and sewn
- provisioning…… will take at least a week but will happen later.
- and more that we don’t know about yet….
Special Thank you to Phil and Tammera Dinkins, Jan Augustin, Hannah and Dave Anderson/Geruox for gathering all of our parts/pieces needed for our passage and bringing them down to Mexico!!!! Could not have done it without you all.